Health insurance when already abroad
Your trip already started and you are in need of a travel health insurance? This is the solution: Global travel health insurance ready for booking befor and after departure:
- travel health insurance worldwide
- unlimited insured sum
- children under 2 years of age included without charge
- no deductible
- booking befor departure and during your trip
- any home country
Available for stays abroad from 1 day to 12 months. Please note there is a waiting period of 3 days for treatments due to illness in case you booked your policy when already abroad. No waiting period in case of medical treatments due to accidential injuries.
Insurer is Bupa Global. Please find a full list of benefits below.
|Travel Health Insurance (worldwide)|
|age:||additional premium per day (max 12 months):|
|2 - 16 years||3.30||2.60||3.40||1.90|
|17 - 36 years||4.50||3.70||4.60||2.60|
|37 - 59 years||6.80||5.40||7.00||3.90|
|60 - 69 years||9.50||7.60||9.90||5.40|
|Cover at no extra cost for children under the age of two is subject to the child being registered with the insured person(s) having legal custody of the child and the child being registered at the same address as the insured person(s) having legal custody of the child.|
|The basic premium has to be paid independently from the duration of the insured period. In addition the premium per day will be calculated according to the duration of the period you are applying for. Your policy premium may be subject to Insurance Premium Tax. If this is the case, the amount of any taxes, levies or charges will be shown on your
premium notice. For more detailed information on any taxes, please refer to us.
Application of product
Please consider this information:
- This insurance is a travel health insurance for stays abroad.
- It can be booked by everyone. Insurer is Bupa Global.
- Insurance coverage is valid worldwide except of your home country (place of permanent residence).
- Bookings are possible both befor and after departure (during your trip).
- In case of booking after departure there is a waiting period of 3 days for medical treatment of illness, starting with day your policy started. No waiting period in case of medical treatment due to injuries caused by an accident.
- Pre-existing conditions: In some instances a chronic and/or pre-existing condition is covered by your travel insurance. Please see art. 6.6 for further details. We recommend that you send an up-to-date medical report to Bupa Global Travel and our in-house medical consultants will evaluate if your particular condition is covered.
- Maximum insured period: 12 months.
- The premium of your policy is calculated on a basic premium plus a daily premium depending on your age as well as the duration of the period of time you want to insure.
- Cover at no extra cost for children under the age of two is subject to the child being registered with the Company, the insured person(s) having legal custody of the child, and the child being registered at the same address as the insured having legal custody of the child.
- If you returned back home earlier than planned, remaining premiums will be refunded. Please keep your boarding pass ready and contact us after your return.
|List of Reimbursements Travel Health Insurance (worldwide)|
|maximum cover per person per trip||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited|
|hospitalisation||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|outpatient treatment by a doctor or specialist||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|prescribed medicines||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|prescribed treatment by a physiotherapist/ chiropractor||2,500||2,000||3,400||1,375|
|provisional pain releaving dental treatment||300||250||400||165|
|medical assistance in case of any sudden and unforeseen illness and/or complication in connection with maternity until and including the 8th month (36th week) of pregnancy, however only until and including the 4th month (18th week) of pregnancy when the pregnancy is the result of fertility treatment and/or the insured is expecting more than one child||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|ambulance transportation||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|medical evacuation / repatriation (must be pre-approved and co-ordinated by the insurer)||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|mugging and assault (crisis psychologist) / per incident||250||250||250||150|
|evacuation||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|return trip||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|compassionate emergency repatriation||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|accompaniment||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|compassionate emergency visit||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|accomodation (overnight stay), meals and local transportation for an insured unable to continue their travel itinerary due to acute illness, injury, or persons summoned or accompanying an insured (per person)||6,000
(per day 300)
(per day 250)
(per day 400)
(per day 165)
|statutory arrangements in case of death||100 %||100||100 %||100 %|
|home transportation of the deceased||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|continuation of trip post treatment (must be pre-approved by the insurer)||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|sports activities incl. winter sports - medical expenses (*)||100 %||100 %||100 %||100 %|
|(*) Excluded from sports cover: active participation in any motorsport show, motorsport race or motorsport competition, including any training, base jumping, paragliding, hang gliding, rock climbing and mountaineering that requires specialized climbing equipment, expeditions, mountaineering and trekking in Antarctica, the North Pole and Greenland
|Booking after departure: Please note that there is a waiting period of 3 days for any treatments due to illness, if you booked your policy while already on your trip. The first day of the waiting period is the day your policy starts. In case of treatments due to an accident there is no waiting period.|
|This list of reimbursements together with the Policy Conditions provides full details of the benefits, limitations and exclusions.|
How to make a claim (travel health insurance)
Please consider this information in case of claims to be submitted:
- Acute assistance: In case of hospitalisation, evacuation, compassionate emergency repatriation,
accompaniment, compassionate emergency visit, death and accident, Bupa Global Assistance must always be notified immediately.
- Bupa Global Assistance is open 24/7/365 and can be contacted by:
Text: +45 42 41 30 00
phone: +45 70 23 24 61
- We can issue a guarantee of payment for eligible treatment to hospitals, arrange home transportation and provide other kinds of assistance in connection with acute illness and injury.
- How to claim: Outpatient treatment such as visits to a doctor or dentist must be paid by yourself before claiming reimbursement. You can download a claim form from
www.bupaglobal.com/en/travel-insurance/claims. Send it electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by ordinary mail to our postal address. Please complete the form with as much detailed information as possible together with all relevant documentation such as itemised bills, scanned receipts, expense documentation, etc.
- Claiming online: You can submit your claims online on www.bupaglobal.com/en/travel-insurance/claims. All you need to do is to complete the online claim form step by step with as much detailed information as possible and scan your bills and corresponding receipts before attaching them to the claim form. Claiming online is easy and it allows you to upload your claims in a secure way. When your claims have been assessed, you will be notified by email or letter.
- Please keep the original bills until your claims have been reimbursed as the bills may be requested.
- 24-h in-house emergency service: Our 24-hour in-house emergency service Bupa Global Assistance in Copenhagen provides you with help and assistance whenever and wherever you
are. Bupa Global Assistance is staffed by highly qualified multicultural and multilingual coordinators, nurses and doctors with long experience in handling emergency situations. When it comes to healthcare, we know you want support from people who understand you and your
needs. That's why we have a multilingual team who are able to speak in many languages and can support you, wherever you are. As Bupa Global Assistance is in-house our coordinators know your insurance in detail and can assist you promptly – so you can concentrate on getting better while we assist you with the administrative and financial details.